Maintenance and prevention are a part of our daily lives. We do it around the house, for our pets and for our cars. We go to the dentist and we have check-ups with our physicians, why not practice health maintenance with your acupuncturist, too? Visiting my local Austin Acupuncture and Wellness Center is a great way to tune-up and tone internal organs, boost the immune system, and prevent minor annoyances from becoming major problems. Acupuncture is not only safe and free of negative side-effects, it has the power to change lives, lift moods, and relieve stress. Below are six fantastic reasons why regular acupuncture sessions are more than a great idea!
- Prevention: As a licensed and experienced acupuncturist, I may be able to see problems you’re having before they become serious and cause symptoms to arise. Maybe you’ve been having trouble sleeping, or you have less energy, or you feel like you’re running hot. While this may not raise any red flags for you, in Chinese medicine these are signs that your body is beginning to get out of balance, and a preventative acupuncture tune-up could be exactly what you need.
- Be Proactive: Slightly different from prevention, being proactive means you’re trying to head off a known health problem. Example: If you know you suffer from spring allergies, a couple of acupuncture sessions in February or March can help you through the allergy season.
- Improved Energy: A few maintenance acupuncture sessions a month can improve your overall energy and the ability to do the things you’ve been putting off due to fatigue.
- Strengthened Immunity: If you have a tendency to catch every cold, flu, or stomach virus going around, especially now that the flu season is upon us, come on in to my Austin Acupuncture and Wellness Center. Acupuncture, along with some organic nutritional supplements and Chinese herbal medicines, can beef up your immune system and protective energy, ensuring that you stay on the up-and-up.
- Keep Your Body Systems Moving: Acupuncture is all about the movement and smooth flow of Qi and blood. Whether it’s your digestive system, menstrual cycle, emotions, or achy muscles and joints, a couple of acupuncture sessions a month can keep the body healthy and moving in the right direction.
- Stress Relief: One of the best things about acupuncture is how relaxing it is. Many people are surprised to find that the relaxing effects can last days and even weeks after a session. If you’ve been feeling irritable or overwhelmed, visiting my Austin Acupuncture and Wellness Center is a great way to kick back and RELAX.